2015 BMW ICOM WIFI wireless connection steps:
Computer requirement:Almost 95% laptops on the world with Intel chip (I3/I5/I7 series) and have 4GB memory
1. Insert WIFI USB D-link into the computer via USB port
2. Turn off the computer built-in WIFI or additional WIFI resources. Make sure only BMW ICOM WIFI USB exist on the computer. Meanwhile, disable both Internet network and local area connection.
3. Then power on computer.
4. Open “Network Connections” program to check there is no other existing Internet and Local Area connection.
NOTE: Do not disable DWA-131 which is the ICOM WIFI USB. If it displays “X” mark, ignore it.
5. Run BMW ICOM Rheingold ISTA-D ISTA-P software, tick “WIFI for ICOM”
6. Now connect your ICOM firmware with your car. Wait for 20-60 second, then you will see the light on the ICOM main unit will flash slowly or do not flash which means the good communication is built between the USB WIFI and ICOM A2 WIFI.
7. Start using diagnostic or programming software. Click “OK” to accept the system prompt
8. The ICOM Rheingold main interface can not be closed, but only be minimized.
9. ICOM software will detect and recognize ICOM firmware.